Creative Content Developer Internship
Business Function: Student, Co-op, Intern
Primary City: Toronto
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: 1055 Yonge Street, Suite 306, Toronto ON (remote from home during pandemic)
Employment Type: Student
Employment Status: Summer Term, May – August
Language Requirement: English Essential
At Springboard Clinic, we are making an impactful difference in the lives of individuals of all ages living with mental health, learning and attention challenges through our services. We are an innovative mental health clinic with a vision to transform the world’s acceptance of diverse ways of thinking and ensure everyone with ADHD has a chance to become the best they can be.
As a close-knit group of clinicians and administrators, we share a strengths-based philosophy of care that extends to both our clients and our internal community. At Springboard you can expect to be paired with a buddy the moment you join us – fostering connections within our team is important to our culture. You can join Water Cooler meet ups, social events, committees (DEI, Social, OH&H), monthly All Hands and group supervision meetings to feel connected to your teammates. We have pivoted our work model to follow a hybrid approach as per the request of our team – where you will be invited to work both in the office and from home.
If you believe in changing the way the world views neurodiversity, consider joining us on our ambitious growth journey.
About the Role
As a Creative Content Developer Intern, you will work closely with Springboard’s CoFounder to envision, storyboard, and realize video content to promote and improve our online course experience and products/services. You use your vivid imagination, passion for storytelling, and eye for design when creating compelling works. You will be involved in all aspects of video production and postproduction efforts – from developing the storyboard and scripts to filming and editing the final product. You will have a diverse skill set and are a champion of teamwork and adaptability – there will be varying levels of direction and input from others – and are a self-starter who is adept at working independently to realize project goals. Most importantly, you are a compassionate individual driven to use your creative efforts to make an impactful and meaningful difference in the way the world views neurodiversity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing current content and strategies to determine gaps and areas of improvement
- Present creative concepts and storyboards to team
- Execute/film and edit videos that are AODA compliant to be used on the website, in social media campaigns and in team training modules and online courses
- Provide artistic direction for photography and film projects
- Work collaboratively with members of the Business Development Team and Co-
Founder to produce and review content and strategies
- Pitch ideas on improving social media content, staff training and online course content
- High video and photo editing skills
- Experience using social media platforms
- Knowledge of the creative process with the ability to come up with concepts and designs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and video recording and editing software (eg. Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- Creative thinker with impeccable problem-solving skills
- Experience working/volunteering in the healthcare industry is an asset
Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or postgraduate diploma in a field relevant to the internship. Preference will be given to the following areas: broadcast, journalism, multimedia, film, education, marketing & business students.
This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 3-3.5 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2022. Please note that this position is dependent on grant funding. To be considered for the Creative Content Developer Intern position, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the program, meeting the following criteria:
Note: You may be asked to provide documentation to support the above-mentioned criteria.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to [email protected] with the subject line: Creative Content Developer Internship.