Digital Commerce Intern
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
This is a 4 month internship position from May to August 2022 within our Marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building WordPress webpage content based on the provided templates, digital assets and copy.
- Assist with website updates, including content changes, uploading of digital assets and documents, on the Magento e-commerce platform.
- Maintain data accuracy and cleanliness.
- Perform other projects and tasks as required.
- Available for a 4 month internship.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Content Management Systems is an asset (e.g. WordPress).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL’s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
This position is supported by the Digital Lift Program. Applicant eligibility for this program includes:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status
- Must live in BC during the work term
- Must be from an underrepresented group defined as: Indigenous, Female in STEM, Black or Person of Colour, person living with a visible or invisible minority, 2SLGBTQQIA+, Neurodiverse, non-binary, youth from care
You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!