Job Title: Dispatcher
Number of positions :
|Salary: To discuss|
|Immediate superior: Operations Manager|
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent of the position will have as main responsibilities:
• Books appointments for incoming & outgoing loads
• Verifies and processes requirements for receiving customer shipments into the warehouse based on notification from the customer (receiving)
• Receives notification from customer of shipping requirements, enters the request into the Warehouse Management System (WMS), reviews stock status, and generates pick documents and bill of ladings.
• Notifies Shipping/Receiving Dispatcher of receiving and/or shipping priorities
• Notifies internal freight and cartage personnel of requirements
• Assesses discrepancies of inventory and notifies the Inventory Co-ordinator
• Provides inventory status reports as required
• Plan loads for shipping
• Ship orders as driver pick-up
• Customer Focus
• Performs other related duties as required
• Meet the drivers, visitors and subcontractors
o Check on driver’s, visitor’s and service provider’s identity.
o Manage visitor’s register.
o Apply the tractors and trailers secure procedure.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs.
• Respect the warehouse policies, procedures, standards and follow all of the health and safety rules including but not limited to BRC & HACCP.
• All other duties as required.
This position description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending on operational or staffing requirements.
Please send your application at : [email protected]
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position
• Must live and respect all corporate core values
• Large customer service focus
• Good communication and relationship-building skills with customers and others
• Ability to read and follow instructions accurately
• Ability to identify and analyze discrepancies
• Good judgement in dealing with customer-related issues and staff
• Conflict resolution course or problem-solving course would be an asset
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Written and spoken English and French would be a large asset
• Must have pervious customer service experience
• General knowledge of warehouse functions
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety, HACCP and operations (asset);
• MS-Office knowledge, more specifically Excel, Word, Email
• Mathematic skills
• Adopt a secure behaviour at work