Barber Design Shop is looking for an Interior Designer/Design Assistant to work closely with the Principal Designer in all project matters involving design, construction, and project management. It is an excellent opportunity to be closely involved in all areas of projects. At BDS we are known for our organization, dedication to clients, project management skills, and open communication. The applicant must be strong in these areas. As well, our office is flexible on hours and schedules which means time management, self discipline, and independence is crucial and a must.
– Extensive knowledge of interior design principles and practices.
– Interior Design school education is required
– Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
– Organization skills with acute memory.
– Exceptional attention to detail, good communication skills and strong creative problem solving abilities.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp.
– Rendering skills highly valuable.
– Well rounded experience in new condo development, commercial, and residential highly valuable.
Salary: Hourly, based on experience
Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.