Junior Designer Responsibilities
Required Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of interior design experience
Application Requirements: Cover letter and Resume
Apply to: [email protected]
General: Responsible for taking 6-10 projects at one time ranging from major renovations, custom homes and office. Designer will be responsible for coming with creative space plans, creating all technical drawings, concepts and sourcing finishes, fixtures, furniture and lighting for all projects they are assigned. Each project will have a project coordinator that designer will be responsible for working with to ensure that clients are
taken through the process effectively and inline with SCD systems.
Drawing Related Tasks
• Lead multiple projects from beginning to end
• Creative solutions to solve clients spatial issues/wishes
• Responsible for elevating plans and creating unique space plans
• Prepare all technical drawings, including floor plans, finishes plans, reflected ceiling plans, power and communication plans, interior elevations, millwork sections and details, schedules, general notes and information, all which must comply with Building Code
• Documenting and photographing existing conditions of space (includes ceiling
heights, door heights, electrical locations etc.)
• Perform weekly site visits and documentation analysis during construction process
• Meet with contractors and trades throughout construction process and that integrity and commitment in production of quality works upheld
• Review drawings and specifications for accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility
Sourcing Related Tasks
• Ability to source furniture, finishes, fixtures, lighting and art work to be consistent with project within Stacey Cohen Design brand and within client budget.
• Ability to provide digital design drawings in Photoshop to convey art/elevation concepts to clients.
Client/Trade Communication + Presentations
• Responsible for preparing and presenting during client presentations
* Develop strong report with clients to ensure that they have confidence in the relationship and your ability to manage the project.
* Follow up on client requests and lease between clients and vendors
* Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions when dealing with issues with vendors and clients
• Responsible for taking detailed meeting minutes during client presentations
• Review shop drawings to ensure accuracy
• Responsible for creating client digital folders and ensuring they are up to date after each meeting.
* Ability to communicate with your team members effectively
* Successfully use the SCD tools and planning systems to stay organized throughout a project.
* Attend weekly team meetings via zoom (until further notice).
* Ability to communicate effectively with project manager to keep up to date on each project progress.
* Ability to communicate effectively with lead designer at SCD
• Coordinate with outside consultants and trades to obtain technical details (ie. architects, mechanical engineers, millworkers, contractors etc.), optimize designs and resolve issues.
• Ability to manage construction schedules and meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with other team members on projects to ensure project
details and information is shared appropriately.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Interior Design
• Proficient in AutoCAD for Mac
Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in high end interior design (primarily residential)
• Fluent in Google Sketch Up (or 3D modelling equivalent, Auto Kitchen, Revit, Etc.) •
Comfortable with Microsoft Office + Dropbox
* Strong presentation skills/speaks with confidence
• Fluent in Photoshop/Illustrator.
• Highly organized
• Independent work and ability to take initiative without instruction.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
• Trustworthy and honest and aligned with company principles and values.
• Strong space planning skills and ability to maximize use of space.
• Ability to work remotely and comfortable with in person meetings (this will transition to in office position)
• Strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once in a very fast paced environment with strong commitment to deadlines.
• Highly detail oriented and ability to review drawings in detail.
• Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to come up with suitable solutions in a timely manner.
• Ability to think creatively with an ingrained curiosity for how things work.
• Please note that candidates may be required to do an auto cad and photoshop assignment to assess proficiency during the interview process.
• Ability to communicate to clients, liaise with trades, vendors and other team members
• Experience with Interior Design drawing package production and industry standards,
including all relevant plans, elevations, details, schedules and information
• Attention to detail and commitment to producing accurate, complete, and legible drawings
• Familiarity with local Building Codes
• Understanding of interior design principles and theory
• Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and/or other rendering programs considered an asset
•NCIDQ considered an asset