Job Title: Clinical Counsellor (Alcohol & Drug)
Program: Perspectives Addiction Services
Rate of Pay: $48.02 per hour; increments as per the Collective Agreement
Provide direct, outpatient treatment services to people with problems related to substance abuse. Also provides substance abuse prevention services through group facilitation to the local community; Collaborate as a member of the Fraserside clinical counselling team in ongoing program evaluation, planning, and implementation. Services will be provided to individuals, families, groups and in close collaboration with other community agencies and be able to manage a caseload of 25 files or more.
- Completed a Master’s degree in Counselling, coupled with a professional designation (RCC, CCC, etc.), and two years of recent, pertinent experience, or an equivalent blend of education, training, and practical experience.
- Acquired valuable experience as a substance abuse treatment clinician, demonstrating proficiency in counselling and adept facilitation of group sessions.
- Experience using solution-focused, brief therapy models; experience in modalities such as Choice Therapy, Possibility Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and CBT.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, establishing successful collaborative relationships with diverse individuals and groups
- Knowledge in electronic file management systems
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working effectively with diverse populations
- Maintained certifications in First Aid/CPR and Non-violent Crisis Intervention, emphasizing a dedication to creating safe and supportive environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and MS Word required
- Successful Criminal Record Check
HOURS OF WORK: This is a temporary maternity leave position until November 2024.
Temporary Part-time, working 22.5 hrs/week (Wednesday/Thursday/Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
Start and finish times may vary and flexibility with hours of work may be required to meet client and program needs.
This position is open to applicants of all genders. This position requires union membership. In order to ensure safety of the persons served and colleagues, programs require COVID vaccination. Proof of vaccination status will be required for successful applicants for this position.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter that demonstrates acumen in writing and communication skills, along with a resume, quote posting number, provide an email address and telephone number, and include qualifications, experience and any other information that may assist the Society in arriving at a hiring decision.
Email applications to [email protected]
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POSTED: (Reposted) 22 January 2024
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CLOSED: Open Until Fille