What you will do
The Product Development (Home & Style) team’s mandate is to help build the equity of CTR’s Retail Brands by improving the design and experience associated with our owned brand offerings. The Christmas Product Development Coordinator’s role is an entry-level role that supports the Christmas Product Development Manager in bringing these products to market, which deliver a consistent, authentic, and customer-driven product experience through our retail brands.
- Support the team to develop Christmas products for the entirety of the year through all development stages.
- Assist the product development team with core operational tasks; manage product lifecycle through PLM system, including initial set up and maintaining updates throughout the entire development process.
- Manage the receipt and tracking of product & packaging samples, coordinating & tracking shipments to vendors, cross-functional teams, and third-party suppliers.
- Support to gather business & industry data; participate in assortment analysis; trend and product research.
- Maintain product development templates and trackers across all categories, inclusive of product lineboards; sample/development excel trackers; quality control tracking; tech-pack templates; milestone documents etc.
- Support as required on product specifications, CAD/design (i.e., 3-D renderings), design boards, spec packages, tech-packs, recolours etc.
- Collaborate on direction for photo-shoots, packaging execution, marketing materials, etc. as required; work with cross-functional teams to contribute to consistent representation of the brand in all customer-facing vehicles.
- Actively support and promote the initiatives of the Product Development team.
- Attendance to our Retail City office at least 3 days per week.
What you bring
- Must be a Christmas expert and enthusiast.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar Product Coordinator role or Project Management role
- Completion of College or University in a Design Discipline; design background in Product, Fashion, Home/Interiors and/ or Industrial Design
- Required: Design Portfolio (provide link with your resume)
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 3-D rendering programs; Excel & PowerPoint
- Ideal to have experience with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management.
- Highly organized, meticulous, and able to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work both collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, and independently as required.
At Canadian Tire we value flexibility. We have adopted a hybrid work model whereby employees use a combination of working in office and virtually in service of outcomes. Each leader is empowered to decide what work is best achieved in person based on the unique needs of their team.
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With more than 90 Owned Brands, 1,700 retail locations, financial services, exemplary e-commerce capabilities, and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies. We dream big and work as one to innovate with purpose for our customers at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on top talent to drive the company forward. We offer competitive salaries and wages to CTC employees, as well as store discounts, supported learning through our Triangle Learning Academy, Canadian Tire Profit Sharing, and retirement and savings programs for eligible employees. As part of our enhanced flex benefits program, we offer mental health benefits in the amount of $5,000 per year for benefits-eligible employees and their families, including total well-being, and mental health tools and resources for all employees. Join us in helping to make life in Canada better through living and working our Core Values: we are innovators and entrepreneurs at our core, outcomes drive us, inclusion is a must, we are stronger together and we take personal responsibility. It is an especially exciting time to join CTC and its family of companies where career opportunities are wide-ranging! Join us, where there’s a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.