Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin has been awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist the Project Manager with administrative tasks related to payroll and support with the union communications.
- Administer and track project Assignment Letters for all unionized employees assigned to the project. Includes determining all necessary details for all new project staff, company transfers to project and all moves relating to project transitions.
- Organize the onboarding activities for employees including monthly “New Hire Welcome Orientation” session for new employees joining the project site, schedule and coordinate calendar invites.
- Manage employee departures from the project including collecting and tracking all necessary equipment, ensuring it is returned to the proper home company.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to HR Business Partners for investigation and resolution.
- Prepares various documentation, communication, letters and reports.
- Builds credible relationships with front and mid-level leaders through trust, collaboration and effective communication.
What will you contribute / requirements?
- Previous related experience in a similar role
- Proven organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) proficiency required.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
Mention Yorkville University as we have a relationship with the hiring team.