This is a paid mentorship position where you will work closely with and under the guidance of the Vice President of Development- Courtney Hicks.
Support the VP of Development, including casting tapes, sizzle reels and projects in funded development
and other tasks.
As Vice-President of Development, Courtney is responsible for overseeing all scripted and unscripted
projects. She has been a key contributor to the development and success of Still Standing, Baroness von
Sketch Show, The Stats of Life, Backyard Builds, Impossible Fixes, and Buy It, Fix It, Sell It. More
recently, Courtney produced the digital series Talent Drivers, as well as the 2021 and 2022 Winnipeg
Courtney has been an active member of the Toronto film and television community since 2008, working
as an assistant director, production manager, and producer before landing at Frantic Films. She
graduated from the Toronto Film School in 2008.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the research and development of original concepts.
2. Identify new talent and when requested, research, contact and liaise with new talent.
3. In collaboration with VP, produce casting tapes and sizzle reels for assigned concepts for
review by Management prior to delivery.
4. Maintain relationships with key on-screen talent and key creatives and source new ideas
through these relationships.
5. With VP, ensure development concepts are packaged with key on-screen talent and key
creative as required.
6. Lead the preparation of materials for markets relying on additional administrative support as
7. Maintain Frantic Films’ development roster and any other charts, lists, or organizational
8. Maintain internal server file structure, ensure the proper filing of all project related documents
9. In collaboration with VP, set and circulate agenda for new ideas meeting, tracking information
to be shared and identifying which channels we have sufficient shows for and which we need new shows
10. Weekly status reports to VP of Development
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Tanner Giesbrecht at: [email protected]