Job Post: Full-Time Contract Psychotherapist (Qualifying) – location Mississauga
Provide Individual, Couple and Family Counselling in a private practice setting in
Mississauga, in person and online. Utilizing Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Narrative
Therapy, Mindfulness, Solution-Focussed Therapy, Emotion-Focussed Therapy and
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides evidence-based treatment to children, youth, couples and their families
in a clinical setting.
• Complete session notes and provide other documentation when needed to doctors,
• Liaises as required with other agencies, schools, pediatricians and psychiatrists.
• Adheres to the organizational policies and procedures of Helping to Reconnect
• Maintains documentation and records in accordance with established policies and
• Completes monthly service statistics.
• Participates in staff and regular service meetings as required.
• Participates in relevant in-service training/conferences/seminars and workshops
for the purpose of professional development within service plan goals and
• Participates in the setting and implementation of organizational and individual
goals and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
HEALTH and SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Assume responsibility for a safe work environment and safe working practices.
i. Work in a safe manner and maintain a safe and orderly work enviornment.
ii. Report unsafe situations and conditions to immediate Manager/Coordinator for
The Social Worker / Registered Therapist is accountable to the Owners at Helping to
Reconnect Counselling Services.
• Registered as a Psychotherapist with the College of Psychotherapists;
• Experience and / or training in evidence-based therapeutic interventions, such as
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Narrative Therapy Solution-Focussed Therapy etc.
• Familiarity with offering services via virtual platforms (i.e. email, text, online
counselling) would be considered an asset;
• Good communication and organization skills;
• A current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check within six (6) months;
• A Valid driver’s license
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Please submit to [email protected], addressing the resume to Natasha Huff.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70.00 – $90.00 per hour
• Flexible schedule
• On-site parking
• Monday to Saturday (must have evening availability)
Helping to Reconnect Counselling Services
3388 Angel Pass Drive, Mississauga Ontario L5M7K5
Natasha Huff [email protected]
T: (416)-985-0925/ (416)-806-6782