Our studio specializes in commercial and residential design and delivers complete design permit package in collaboration with engineers and other consultants. We are looking for a passionate problem solver eager to support our studio work.
This position is an unpaid internship to fulfill the requirements of the applicant’s Interior Design educational program and can evolve into a full-time paid position.
The interior design intern will be responsible for various tasks associated with ongoing projects to keep things moving and organized. The intern will be exposed to various project types, clients and professionals in the design industry.
- Developing material palettes and presentation materials as instructed by Interior Designer.
- With direction from Interior Designer, create 3D renderings for client presentations.
- Responsible for the organization, sample ordering and upkeep of the material library.
- With direction from Interior Designer, contact and schedule representative meetings and product updates.
- Responsible for the upkeep of internal source and contact lists.
- Assisting Interior Designers with various project deliverables.
- other related duties as assigned.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, time sheet completion, completing correspondence, etc.
Ability to communicate, in written and oral form, including detailed and technical engineering information, guidelines and standards/statutes/codes/regulations to various audiences to ensure that they understand the information and the message, and to seek compliance.
Superior English proficiency in writing, reading, speaking and communication is mandatory.
- Enrolled in an Interior Design program at an accredited college or university.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Sketchup, VRay, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to sit/ stand for prolonged periods of time.
- This position requires the physical dexterity and ability to negotiate around an office area, and around a crowded and busy working area, including construction sites.
Reports to: Interior Designer
Email your resume/portfolio with the title: ID Internship – #applicant’s name at [email protected]
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
Metz Design Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, working conditions, leaves of absence, compensation and training.