Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2024
Job ID: R18077
Job Status: Full-Time
You are a Junior Accountant who holds some varied accounting experience including preparing back-up and journal entries for month end. In this role, you will be focused on completing various types of month end accounting entries and be involved in analyzing monthly variances in general and administrative expenses.
Joining our team means:
– Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
– A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family, with current wages under review
– Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with our team:
Join our Summit Air team in Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB!
- Participating in month end preparation of schedules, back-up calculations and journal entries
- Assisting with the preparation of variance reports for monthly reporting against budget
- Assisting with rolling forward monthly schedules for various team members
- Preparing month end account reconciliations
- Taking on special projects and performing other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year experience doing similar accounting work
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with intermediate level knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple tasks, and set priorities
- Committed to supporting team members with various accounting activities
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- This position offers hybrid work options, splitting time between working from home and the office
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC