Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022. Reporting to the Area Manager or designate, the Junior Project Coordinator is a highly motivated self starter who will support the Bruce Power Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement project.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Comprehensive Work Package in cooperation with construction and engineering.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements for fabrication, installation, construction of modifications including those in CSA N286.3 and CAN/CSA-N285.06.
- Identify, report, and secure approval for deviations from the design documents as they occur and before release to construction.
- Provide assurance that construction activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and applicable procedures.
- Provide and ensure effectiveness of the liaison function between field trades and design engineers for problem resolution and information flow.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other internal groups, subcontractors and suppliers supporting the project.
- Develop and write detailed work plans in cooperation with construction leads.
- Maintain high standards related to final product quality.
What will you contribute?
- 3rd or 4th year Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural) or 2nd year Technology Program (Mechanical, Automation, Electrical) with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team.
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task/ Service orientated.
- Thrive on a fast paced-environment.
- Various work location in both field and office & travel as necessary.
Other qualifications –
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Please mention Yorkville University as we have a relationship with the hiring team.