Homewood Health is the Canadian leader in mental health and addiction services. With over 130 years of experience, we achieve outstanding outcomes every day through our national network of over 4,500 employees and clinical experts, and through the Homewood Health Centre, one of Canada’s largest and leading facilities for medical treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our complete suite of services includes organizational wellness, employee and family assistance programs, assessments, outpatient and inpatient treatment, recovery management, return to work and family support services customized to meet the needs of individuals and organizations. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and center of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Interested in gaining front line experience in mental health?
Would you like to develop skills in conducting risk assessments and initial intake screening in order to explore and evaluate the needs of a very diverse clientele?
Join a fast growing and National Organization that promotes the professional growth and be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a learning environment that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Homewood Health’s Client Services Center is offering you a unique opportunity for an entry level position connected to the clinical field! The Intake Counselor role provides a structured learning experience as well as a stepping-stone towards our specialized teams providing a continuum of quality care in mental health for individuals and organizations. Homewood also has potential internship possibilities within the organization that support career progression.
This is a 24/7 operation including statutory holidays so we need you to be available for days, afternoons, nights.
This is a Work from Home position. Your home office work environment will need to be safe by Occupational Health and Safety standards, quiet, with few distractions and overall conducive to working productively, effectively and confidentially. You will require consistent internet capability of at least 50 Mbps download speed. We will provide you with a computer, telephone and headset. Your office set up must allow the telephone to be connected physically, by cable, to your router.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) services including but not limited to counselling, legal, financial, and nutritional services both over the phone and by e-mail communication
• Ensure clients are matched appropriately with the service and with a clinical professional
• Enter client data into the electronic records system while responding to incoming telephone calls
• Identify crisis calls and conduct risk assessments, coordinate transfers to Specialists and provide safety planning if necessary
• Respond to client complaints or challenges and feedback regarding EFAP services and eligibility
What we’re looking for
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written (French is an asset)
• University degree is preferable; however, a combination of experience and related education will be taken into consideration
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) is required, as well as the ability to learn and adapt to new systems
• Ability to listen and to remain calm and empathetic under stressful situations
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
Apply to Caroline at: