We’re a small group practice, and we’re eager to support and help shape interns who are warm, skilled, and engaging. In our practice, we’re committed to increasing access to therapy by offering sliding scale rates and pay-what-you-can (or pro bono) sessions in addition to our regular rates. Our mission is to make therapy more accessible and affordable for everyone, and we see this as our way of contributing to that goal. We’re seeking interns’ therapists who share our passion for providing excellent therapy with a focus on social justice.
We’re currently looking for one May 2024 and one September 2024 Intern to join our team. The role involves providing individual therapy under the direct supervision of our clinical lead, Carlin Palme (RP #5637). This a hybrid position with about a 50/50 split between virtual and in-person therapy, and in-person availability is needed at our downtown Hamilton location – even one day per week would suffice.
We’re open to meeting with mature interns who have previous mental health experience in community agencies, person-centered caring roles or personal lived experience. Carlin often utilizes an emotion-focused lens in his therapeutic work, and while he will help you shape your own unique style and approach, he prefers to work with students interested in experiential-processing forms of therapy (EFT, IFS for example).
We recognize that some clients prefer to connect with therapists who share their background and identities, creating a safer space for the vulnerable work of therapy. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, communities, and social locations.
Some evening and/or weekend appointments are required and will help fill your caseload more quickly.
By joining our team, you will be provided with:
- Weekly Supervision (Included)
- Group Supervision (on top of regular supervision)
- Shared office space in Downtown Hamilton
- Administrative support
- Team events and social gatherings
- Training Allowance/Opportunities
- Business Meetings/Coaching
- Previous mental health experience is considered a strong asset.
- The ideal candidate will be open to registering with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario to get their RP(Q) status.
- Must be willing to provide both in-person and virtual therapy.
- Couples or Family therapy certification and experience are considered an asset though not required.
- Please send in your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until we find the right fit for our team.
- Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
For more info on our practice, check out our website: www.accesstherapy.ca