The Product Support Consultant is responsible for providing high level pre and post-technical support for technicians, sales staff, system engineers and system analysts. Specializes in complex technical aspects of Ricoh Continuous Forms Inkjet printers and Production Cutsheet Inkjet platforms and Pre and post equipment, related utilities and connectivity for the advanced diagnosis, maintenance, repair, Installation and configuration. Supports service leadership in evaluating tech performance and training individual staff members.
Supports Continuous Forms inkjet and Production Cutsheet inkjet products in Canada and associated connected environment, both hardware and software. Depending upon size of regions of installed base of Continuous Forms inkjet and Production Cutsheet inkjet products, may have additional responsibility for providing other Printing Systems technical support.
- Specializes in providing National level hardware and software support for the Continuous Forms Inkjet and Production Cutsheet inkjet products. May provide same support for other Image Systems products as well
- Provides remote and on-site technical direction and diagnostic assistance to service technicians in resolving complex or unusual hardware or software failures or problems
- Assignments are typically “escalated” in nature and non-routine
- Serves as the Level 1 link in the problem escalation & resolution process
- Serves as the Region communication link for disseminating critical technical information Provides National level specialist support
- Serves as the National Level 1 support link for all Continuous Forms Inkjet and Production Cutsheet Inkjet Printers technical issues. Delivers support both in person and by phone
- Communicates regularly with Level 2 support and Engineering regarding new technical problems and fixes
- Conducts technical seminars focusing on enhancing knowledge/skill level four service technicians
- Attends manufacturer/vendor technical training and seminars and communicates with service technicians, sales and customers concerning training, product support and technological changes
- Distributes technical information to service technicians and service management as required
- Serves as a role model and always exhibits professional appearance and behavior, under the most difficult situations
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of team members within matrix environment and reports performance to the respective manager/region;
- Continuous development and leveraging of knowledge and relationships to effectively escalate any related issues as required.
- Develop, as required, and effectively utilize reporting tools to capture, analyze and report on relative activities.
- Remains engaged in all open technical issues through to completion.
- Research and tests recurring issues on assigned products, communicating any needed service procedures and documentation.
- Utilize, as required, any testing equipment (and/or software tools);
- Ensuring training requirements are understood and communicated to the regions.
- A positive influence/champion within the team/organization
- Proactively seeks ways to improve product reliability, customer satisfaction, CST skills and knowledge and aftermarket financial results
- Analyzes equipment performance reports and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Complies with all company policies
- Effectively handles communications, and the most difficult customer situations
- Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all company personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post Secondary Education or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years related technical experience in the Continuous Forms Inkjet Printer technology and Tecnau/ Hunkeler Pre and Post equipment
- Requires regular written and verbal communications with vendors of hardware and software to gain further technical knowledge of applications
- Possesses excellent diagnostic, problem-solving and technical skills
- Possesses strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Possesses excellent customer service skills including ability to follow up to ensure closure of issues
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate with customers on complex subjects
- Possesses ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications in support of the service of digitized output devices
- Possesses ability to convey technical information through training seminars, written, or verbal communication
- Possesses ability to write, assemble and distribute technical information relative to products supported
- Sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to conduct professional business communications at all levels within organization
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to influence
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced operation and prioritize objectives
- Solid understanding of technical functions and operations
- Ability to assess situations and act with a high level of urgency
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications
- Requires knowledge of computer operating systems; network design, implementation and servicing; and familiarity with a wide range of software applications
- Requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (and auto insurance coverage per Ricoh’s policy)
- Available to work shifts, stand-by, and/or on-call as required- Normal/flexible office conditions, may be exposed to demands of travel, frequently exposed to irregular work hours which could include some weekends.
- Ability to travel within Canada and occasionally within North America and worldwide
- Technical and quantitative skills typically gained through completion of formal training and 5+ years of related experience including a minimum of 1 year of experience as a Production Technology Print Specialist I
- Requires relevant IT Certifications (ie COMPTIA A+ and N+) and other product-related competencies.
- Extensive overnight travel using air and ground transportation
Apply: https://www.ricoh.ca/en/about-us/careers Mention Yorkville University as we work with the team at Ricoh.