Position Title: Coordinator, Project
Come Build Your Career at Aecon!
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
What is the Opportunity?
Faster.Smarter.Safer. This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider and we’re looking for a Project Coordinator to help us get there!
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing coordination and support to various aspects of operations to ensure the efficient and profitable execution of the installation of underground utility infrastructure.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Provide Project Manager with data and project analysis.
- Assists in the efficient scheduling of various work crews as required.
- Performs site previews and inspections as required.
- Meets utilities on site, as required, to assist in accurate and timely locates.
- Assists in inventory management and related systems development.
- Coordinates / procures specialty materials / tooling.
- Ensures / tracks that quality and frequency of safety inspection / reporting is following Aecon Health & Safety and Environmental Manual.
- Queries, analyzes, and reports on data from various systems to assist in operational efficiency.
- Generates reports, as necessary, as required by major customers.
- Tracks crew progress and processes billing accordingly.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Drive an inclusive culture to promote equity, welcome different perspectives, and enable career progression by fostering a sense of belonging.
What You Bring to the Team:
- College or University Graduate.
- Experience in the utility construction industry an asset.
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.