We’re a small group practice, and we’re eager to grow and collaborate with therapists who are warm, skilled, and engaging. In our practice, we’re committed to increasing access to therapy by offering sliding scale rates and pay-what-you-can (or pro bono) sessions in addition to our regular rates. Our mission is to make therapy more accessible and affordable for everyone, and we see this as our way of contributing to that goal. We’re seeking therapists who share our passion for providing excellent therapy with a focus on social justice.
We’re currently looking for a part-time Registered Psychotherapist to join us as an Independent Contractor. The role involves providing individual therapy and potentially couples and family therapy (if qualified). It’s a hybrid position with about a 50/50 split between virtual and in-person therapy, and in-person availability is needed at our downtown Hamilton location.
We’re specifically seeking someone with specialized experience and a strong interest in men’s mental health, particularly through modalities like emotion-focused therapy (EFT or EFIT), internal family systems (IFS), or other process-experiential forms of therapy.
Please keep in mind that we’ll only consider applicants who submit a cover letter that outlines their interest and/or experience in men’s mental health. Highlight your understanding of the key mental health challenges that men (or male-identified individuals) face and how you would approach this work.
We recognize that some clients prefer to connect with therapists who share their background and identities, creating a safer space for the vulnerable work of therapy. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, communities, and social locations.
Some evening and/or weekend appointments are required and will help fill your caseload more quickly.
We ask for approximately 10 clinical hours per week but are open to discussing other arrangements. The position is quite flexible, and we can work with you to create a dream job!
By joining our team, you will be provided with:
- Competitive fee split.
- Shared office space in Downtown Hamilton
- Administrative support
- Weekly supervision (if required) by an experienced Registered Psychotherapist
- Team events and social gatherings
- Training Opportunities
- Business Meetings/Coaching
- The ideal candidate has a master’s degree and is Registered with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario [RP or RP(Q)].
- Couples or Family therapy certification and experience are considered an asset though not required.
- Please send in your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- In your cover letter highlight your previous work with men and male-identified folks, and through which frameworks you most often approach their mental health concerns.
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until we find the right fit for our team.
For more info on our practice, check out our website: www.accesstherapy.ca