Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We’re a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK’s leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who Will You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Research Operations Coordinator that will help with the day-to-day operations of field trials and other research-related tasks within our in-house Research and Strategic Insights team at ecobee.
In this role, you will maintain, improve, manage, support, and execute against the infrastructure we have in place to support our field trials, user research, and continuous discovery program.
This role is hybrid, with an expectation to be in the Toronto office around 1 day per week.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Field Trials and User Research
- Manage and coordinate the participant recruitment process
- Liaison with research participants
- Manage the research participant list and community
- Support and coordinate shipments
- Manage the field trial research process (e.g., send out questionnaires, check rate of completion, send out reminders, scorecard reports, response tagging, etc.)
- Manage the incentive process
- Maintain and improve the research repository
- Help teams access relevant knowledge through reviews of past research
- Support cross-functional team members to use our research tools, including survey tools, unmoderated testing platforms, scheduling, etc.
- Assist in managing relationships with third-party providers, such as recruitment platforms, digital rewards solutions
- Drive process improvements in research operations, including optimizing existing tools, seeking out new tools, developing and refining processes and procedures
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- 1+ years in the field of UX Research, Research Operations, Library Science, Information Architecture or similar research coordination and knowledge management role
- Knowledge of UX research methodologies and best practices
- Must be able to build rapport and communicate effectively with organizational stakeholders across multiple teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent project management, administrative, and organizational skills, with ability to balance competing priorities
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Someone who has a growth mindset – you take on challenges and learn from them
- Comfortable with using various online research platforms
What happens after you apply:
- Application review. It will happen by actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- Interview Process:
- A 30-minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition.
- A 1-hour second round virtual interview with the Hiring Manager and the team – expect technical, behavioural, and situational questions.
- If your first two round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you’ll then come in virtually for a 1.5-hour interview to present your solution to a cross-functional group of ecopeeps.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let’s make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.