About the job
Senior Interior Designer – Hospitality
STRIVE is a Vancouver-based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing, and Construction & Real Estate Development. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine, and consultative approach to everything we do – which is a big reason we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high calibre professionals for niche, specialized, and what are often regarded as “hard to fill” roles. At the same time, our simple philosophy recognizes the need to fully understand every client and candidate’s motivations, requirements, and objectives. Visit striverecruitment.ca for more of our current searches.
Our client, an established Vancouver-based Developer with a robust portfolio consisting of restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality-related projects, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join their fast-paced, close-knit team. As a Senior Interior Designer, you will be leading renovation and new-build projects. In this role, you will be providing your expertise, developing comprehensive drawing sets, and creating integrated specification documents in accordance with the brand standardization interior design packages.
With the support of your design manager, junior designers, and technologists, you will participate in design and construction meetings, ensuring the integration of interior design communication across numerous departments relative to your projects and teams.
- Space planning and programming
- Create and deliver design presentations to clients
- Review documents and drawings for accuracy and design intent
- Assist in the review and preparation of technical specifications
- Develop and implement design concepts, 3D Modelling, Renderings, Project Research, Materials and Furniture Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials, and furnishings selection
- Strong interest in nurturing and fostering client relationships
- Experience with construction administration duties
- Successful completion of a Degree/Diploma in Interior Design
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of local experience
- NCIDQ Certification is a strong asset as is the ability to write your exam
- Previous experience working on hospitality projects including hotels and restaurants is preferred
- Proficiency with graphics software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to manage project resources, costs, and schedules
- Strong/independent ability to interface with clients and consultants
- Excellent presentation skills including new concepts
- Strong experience with millwork and detailing
- Knowledge of hotel and restaurant FFNE packages
- Interest in mentoring junior staff
- Knowledge of local Building Codes
- Salary $80K – $90K+
- Hybrid Schedule
- Medical/Dental and Disability Insurance
- Excellent perks and discounts
If you are interested in the opportunity, please send a resume, and cover letter along with your sample portfolio (electronic) to Kirsten Robertson at [email protected] with Senior Interior Designer – Hospitality in the subject.
Thank you in advance for your application, due to volume only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.