You have experience in warehousing and you are looking to grow? You want to step up in Logistics & Supply Chain industry? Then, this opportunity is perfect for you!! We are looking for a self-driven, detail-oriented warehouse assistant that performs shipping & receiving tasks as well.
As warehouse assistant, you will be in the Shipping Receiving team and will be in charge to ensure that the preparation and documentation are well coordinated. Responsible for managing the incoming and outgoing parts and materials. Safety comes first!! That is why is necessary to understand and follow company policies and safety procedures.
- Assist with shipping and receiving activities, such as packaging items for shipment, creating and maintaining shipping documents, and receiving and organizing incoming products from suppliers.
- Align with regulations, policies and procedures, in order to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Follow the regulatory norms and the documentation requirements to maintain the condition of the mechanical equipment
- Reception and verification of inventory replenishment shipments from Canada, validating vendor-supplied components for customers’ orders, and reporting any inventory irregularities, such as shortages or damage.
- Maintain inventory levels, reports, and records, including participation in annual inventory
- Understand and follow proper warehouse systems, active participant in constant improvement, as well as safety procedures.
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
- Highly organized.
- Professional manners of communication with customers and co-workers.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with an excellent ability to manage and organize time and activities without direction.
- Experience in warehouse or manufacturing (asset).
- Forklift certificate (asset).
- MRP or ERP experience (asset).
Monday to Friday
6:30 am – 3 pm
$24 per hour for starting.
Great benefits are available after the probationary period.
Please send your resume in word format to [email protected] Mention Yorkville University as Eri knows us.