Contract Junior Interior Designer with high-end residential or hospitality experience, knowledge and understanding of Building Codes, skills in multiple software like AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, etc.
- Reporting to the Senior Designer, Yvonne Noble and Lesley Wong
- Be responsible for AutoCAD drawings and 3D drawings for client projects
- Includes RCP, PVD, Ceiling layout, Furniture layout, etc.
- Millwork drawings as needed
- Work on multiple client projects at a time
- Choose design features such as furnishings, materials, and artwork, etc.
- Conduct site visits to gather measurements and define project conditions
Interact with clients, architects, engineers, and building departments
- Prepare concept presentations using Drawings, Inspiration photos, samples, etc.
- Prepare Interior Renderings using software such as Photoshop, REVIT, Sketch up, etc
- Maintain relationships with material suppliers and collecting samples from suppliers via email or in person
- Assist in the procurement process of materials and FF&E for multiple projects
- Participate in the selection of furniture, fabrics and finishes with a skill for color coordination and keen sense of balance
- Support coordination of the finished plans, details, and specifications
- Understanding architectural and supporting engineering drawings
- Responding to Emails on a day-to-day basis and follow up on sample deliveries
- Meet with clients online or in person
- Work as a team within the company as well as independently
- Contribute to setting and maintaining processes
- Some travel may be required, dependent on project load
- Be professional in manner and appearance
- Part-time, 2-3 days per week to start, with additional days to meet project needs
- Contractor, starting at $25 per hour with Bonus based on performance
- Contract term April to December 2023 and beyond based on project load
Typical Monday Morning
- 9am Teams Meeting – how was your weekend? Coffee talk
- Assess the past week and prepare for the coming week
- Assign tasks and manage current projects
- Discuss challenges, current and foreseeable
- Review schedule and make needed adjustments – prioritize
- Work towards meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Plan for new client projects
Additional Teams meetings throughout the week to check in, troubleshoot and collaborate.
Send email with subject line ‘Junior Interior Designer Application’ to [email protected]. Include your resume, cover letter and portfolio.
Please do not call.
Feel free to mention Yorkville University as we have connections with the hiring team.